Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Synchronize with Nokia N95 or Outlook

I just bought an BB bold and now I want to transfer the data from my old smartphone (a nokia 95) to my BB.. I have tried the device switch wizard - switch from another device to a blackberry device and two options are than displayed (1. palm, 2. windows mobile software). Both are not clickable eventhough both the BB as the Nokia n95 are connected to the computer. I know my N95 is not running on either palm or windows mobile but there must be a way to transfer the date anyways..

I have also tried to use Outlook but my BB doesn't want to sync.. I have clicked on the contacts and told him to sync it but there are no contacts coming in.. The agenda is an even bigger problem because I can't choose windows outlook, only options offerd are yahoo and ASCII importer/exporter..

I really need some help cause i'm getting desperate here..

Thanks in advance!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Synchronize with Nokia N95 or Outlook

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure the Desktop Manager will transfer information from a non-Windows Mobile, or Palm based phone.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05459

That phone can sync with Outlook though? If so you have all of the data you need in Outlook, but you just need help syncing between Outlook and the BlackBerry?

What version of Windows are you running? Which version of Outlook do you have? The version of the Desktop Manager you can have depends on the version of Outlook you have:

* Outlook 2000 - compatible only up to Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2
    * Outlook 2002/2003/2007 - compatible with Desktop Manager 4.3+

So if you have to download a later version of the software you can do so by clicking on this link
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

After you download the software you can go into the Synchronization icon to setup the sync options with Outlook

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 10-10-2009 09:39 AM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Via outlook i have been able to transfer my contacts but it still doens't recognize the windows agenda.. Any suggestions on that?
Elite I

What about the questions I asked above? You can also check out this KB article

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02362

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

Sorry, in some kind of way i missed the last part.

I'm using windows vista and window mail and agenda Version 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205) and blackberry desktop manager v4.6.

Feel like a total noob right now but I thought that should match..

btw, thanks for helping Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Elite I

In your previous post you said you're using Outlook. Are you using Windows Mail or Outlook on the computer? I don't beleive the Desktop Manager can sync with Windows Calendar.

Check out this link for the programs that the Desktop Manager can sync with. It's in the "Organizer Support" section.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/system_requirements.jsp

New Contributor

Decided to download the old outlook and it works! Smiley Happy Thanks