Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Reliance GSM

Syncing Issues

I have been trying since morning to fix a few things on my blackberry. Never faced such an issue in my 3 year old history with the phone. Here's the problem:

I'm shifting from a blackberry to an android, and wanted to transfer all my contacts. For that, i read the best way is to sync it with Microsoft Outlook. Now, earlier, I had multiple ids set up on my phone, of which i only use 1 atm. For some weird reason, majority of my contacts have been synced with an old email id, which i have deleted long time back from my phone, BUT IS STILL VISIBLE, as a Contact List.

Only a small number, 76/415 to be precise, is synced with my current email id. Now when i try syncing the contacts to the Outlook service thru the Desktop Manager, it only syncs the "76" contacts, and not the others. I think i know this is happening due to the active email id being synced with only 76 contacts, but what do i do now? 

I have tried deleting all the contacts, switching off Wireless synchronisation, and restoring contacts again, but of no help. It again shows the same old discontinued Contact List, of the deleted email id.

Any help, guys?!

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520 RIM
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Syncing Issues

Hello Siddharth4913,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums!

If current, you should be able to Download Outlook for your BlackBerry Device and Sync your Contacts like that. You may also try to Alters. Those Alternates are either by sending your Contacts Via. Bluetooth or by sending a Email to another Email(Since your swithing to Android try a Gmail)Address containing all your contacts. 

To send your Contacts Via. Bluethooth, then on your BlackBerry Device, go to  >Manage Connections>Bluetooth Options>Highlight the Device (that is already have been paired)that you would like to Send The Contacts to>Transfer Contacts  *Then go to the Targeted Device(The Paired Device)and Accept the Conatact Transfer(The Transfer may take up to 5 Minutes)

The Contact Tranfer will transfer Every Contact on Your BlackBerry Device. Please, if this helped then let me know and hope this Solved your Problem

Kind Regards,