Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Syncing Outlook 2013 with BB Bold 9900

I am having trouble syncing my BB with Outlook 2013.  Any emails I send with the BB do not show up in Outlook.  And if I read my emails on Outlook first they will not show up on my BB.  My calendar also does not sync.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Syncing Outlook 2013 with BB Bold 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off, some clarifications...

I think that, by "Outlook 2013", you mean your computer-based Outlook client app...not a server anywhere. What is important to understand is that, for email, there is no direct synchronization between your BB and the Outlook client. Instead, each synchronizes independently against whatever your email server is...and each has their own capabilities regarding that function.

For Outlook, you only get good synchronization if you configure as IMAP...if your email server is POP, then you won't get any synchronization between your Outlook client and your email server.

For your BB, the capabilities between the server and the BB are governed by this KB:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Further, regarding original email delivery, if your Outlook client is running AND you have it configured to actually download messages from your server AND you further have it configured to delete messages from the server when it does so, then there will be nothing on the server for BIS to send to your BB.

Concerning items you send from the BB, that too is governed by the above KB, as well as the capabilities between your server and your Outlook client (e.g., POP or IMAP).

As to Calendar, for over the air (OTA) sync of that, you are restricted to only those email services that support it:

• KB00561 How to configure wireless calendar synchronization on a BlackBerry smartphone

But, again, it can only work between your BB and a compatible email server...what happens between the server and your Outlook client is completely controlled by Outlook.

So, with all of that, please review your situation and see how it fits into all of this...then you can ask back with more specific questions.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................