Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Syncing my Storm with my Mac...

Not sure what my problem, thie initial sync worked but couldn't any subsequent syncs to work ..
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

When I tried to sync again this morning nothing would sync at all.  Not so happy now when it only worked for 2 days.
Contributor

I completely understand ... I'm am tempted to try PocketMac, since it worked for some folks ... I did send another email to Mark/Space letting them know that what they told me to try didn't work ... I'm irritated that I spend 40 bucks though!!!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530 OS .75 Verizon

So it is not syncing at all, nothing? or it syncs some things not others? I had no problems setting this up.. BUT I only use it to sync iCal, address book and iPhoto. Now if you have installed and un-installed you need to be sure to get rid of every file associated with MissingSync before attempting to install again. You also have to make sure it is installed and/or uninstalled on your storm separately after installing/uninstalling on your Mac. I found the Mark/Space troubleshooting part of their website very helpful when installing and working out any issues.

I swear no 2 storms are alike and I even wonder if anyone owns a storm that doesn't have some type of issue. Needless to say I cant wait for the OS update... I really like my storm but will like it much better when the bugs are worked out.. 

PocketMac works great for some people, me NO, and I tried over 10 times, with every update and fix there is, sometimes I could get it to install and sync but would only sync once or twice and it deleted all my contacts on my Mac more than once, which is why you MUST back up your Address book, iCal, etc.. prior to install/uninstall... 

Contributor

how do you uninstall missing on the actual device .. what i've done is reinstall but i haven't figured out how to uninstall an app .. thanks for your help
Contributor

and to answer your question .... no, nothing is syncing
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

I just bought the Storm and ran into the same issue. (I have a PBP and use Entourage).

downloaded PocketMac with the updates - found these instructions to be helpful: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16342&slic...

there are a couple of files that you'll have to delete per the instructions and restart the computer. 

the whole process was less complicated than I thought it would be.

using PocketMac, if you click on the Blackberry icon, it'll open up and you can set it up to transfer pictures from iPhoto and songs from iTunes.

good luck.

Don

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I just heard from Missing Sync support and they told me to remove the Storm's battery for 30 seconds, then after it restarts launch Missing Sync on the phone again.  I did tyhat and all is working fine.
Contributor

thanks for that info, I guess I'm forced to try the PocketMac .. which irritates me, because I spent 40 bucks on missing sync .. oh well..
Contributor

I actually went through this long process of backing up iCal and address then reverting back to the backed up file, which is suppose to reset sync service; and I removed the battery per Missing Sync instructions .. I did this about 3 times, and it's still not working .. I must be doing something wrong :smileysad: