Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Syncronizing 9900 with Outlook 2010?

Hi: I have my 9900 set up to sync my database and calendar with my Outlook 2010 using Blackberry desktop and a USB cable. This works OK but I would like to do it wirelessly without going through my g-mail account which is only a secondary e-mail account for me. I did have it all set up to sync my desktop, laptop and 9900 through Google Apps. That worked beautifully until Google shut down their support for Blackberry. Apparently I could get it working through gmail but I would like to stay clear of anything to do with Google because I don't like the way they operate and I don't trust them as far as I can kick them.

My desktop and laptop are still working on Google apps (not sure if that will last and Google won't do something to screw it up) but I would like to go on a separate route for the 9900. I am an engineer but not a real computer tech as I went through engineering school using a sliderule before handheld calculators were available and a long time before the first desktop computer. I would appreciate any suggestions or help that you can give me.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Syncronizing 9900 with Outlook 2010?

you can either work with text files (export from GMail, and reimport in Outlook). A manual sync.

you can also find Outlook addons that support CardDav (for addressbook) and CalDav (for calendar events).

or you can decide to stop using GMail's calendar & contacts, and use Outlook.com 's features.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Syncronizing 9900 with Outlook 2010?

Thank you.