Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

System adds "1" to text number making it invalid 11-digits

How do I stop this?  It doesn't do it for everyone?!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: System adds "1" to text number making it invalid 11-digits

Press the green phone button, then the BB menu button and scroll to Options.  Select that, then scroll to Smart Dialing and select that.

Please let us know what the settings are in there.

Are you in the United States?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Yes, Michigan.

Country Code: us +1

Area Code: was blank ... I've filled in with 248 accordingly

Nat Number Length: 10

Forums Veteran I

So are you entering a phone number manually or using people in your contacts?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Via contacts ... but I do that regulalry.  So I checked to see if I had the contact's number stored differently than others that are known to work fine.  It is the same.  E.g. area code in parenthasis ... (248) 555-5555 is how it's entered.  As are the majority of my contacts.  I really just need to turn off the "add +1" feature it appears.  Any further insight appreciated.

Forums Veteran I

Guess I'm not sure why this is happening.  I also text using my contacts regularly and have never experienced this issue.