Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

System tray grew to 8

Such an insignificant issue compared to others yet its driving me insane.

Initially on the home screen the system tray had only 4 icons when minimized, then all of a sudden it had 8. I know for a fact I didn't change any options so I went into options / accessibility and changed home screen grid layout to 4. Now when I minimize the tray, it disappears entirely including the headers "all, favorites, etc..." all that's left now is an arrow pointing down.

OCD anyone.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: System tray grew to 8

grab the edge and slide it up.

you can position it to your liking.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Knottyrope,

thank you.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Your welcome, enjoy the Torch.

and

Smiley Very Happy Hi and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums. Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your stay with us!

Click for BlackBerry 101

Click for BlackBerry Tips

Videos to learn from on youtube

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch (9800)
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

I experienced the exact same today (13/12/2010). Have not made any changes, it all happened by itself. I have also not altered any accessibility options - how do I get it back to 4?
Regards, Antonie
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch (9800)
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Ah the wonder of playing around. Seeing the previous person changed columns under accessibility, I altered 1st to 4 - no luck, then to 2, resulting in 2 vertical columns. Then set it back to default and tray is back to normal, showing only 4 icons when minimized!
Regards, Antonie