Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

T-Mobile Blackberry OS 4.5

I'm new to the forums but I've been dying to get the OS 4.5. These question have probably been asked a million times but does anyone know where I could find it when it does officially release? Would T-mobile send me a message? Would I find it on Blackberry.com?

Thanks so much Smiley Wink
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: T-Mobile Blackberry OS 4.5

Hi and welcome to the forums!

It will be on the blackberry software download site for t mobile.

Keep watching these forums, it will be a big deal when it's released.

If that answers your question, please resolve the thread using the options over the yello Kudos's star.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

best way is to ask for notifications for this thread :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=6807

If you are only interested for T-Mobile, you can bookmark the T-Mobile OS download page that will thus be :

T-Mobile 8320 OS download

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I'm not a T-Mobile customer but I have an unlocked TMO 8320 - I'd like to update the software when it's out - any place to get it that doesn't require mt to have a tmo account? (The TMO BB OS download link requires a tmo phone #)
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

then you have no link with T-Mobile. You should get the OS published on the blackberry.com website by your carrier. That is a should and not a must.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

Xsameeh,

Please resolve this thread using the options over the yellow Kudo's star.

Thank you!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I

MMMiles,

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please use the grey bar at the top of the main screen and use send message to open your own thread. You will get more

visability for your post, and more people can help. This thread is about a different matter.

Thank you!

New Contributor

Well I don't know if it's that different. My carrier does not support the 8320 so it's moot - they won't offer the OS.

There are many people with TMO 8320's or other phones who won't receive support from their carrier, so my only choice is to get it from TMO somehow. The OP was asking for a place to get the 4.5 OS when it comes out - I'd like to know the same!

Perhaps they host the files somewhere that does not require authentication with TMO, or someone will mirror the files when they are available. I'd think that was relevant to the initial question, no?

Guru I

Hi,

The first user was asking for info only, your post would be a different matter.

I was trying to help you.

Thanks,