Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: T mobile

T mobile Sim card doesn't work.

[ Edited ]

I have Verizon BB bold 9930 cdma phone. It has been unlocked. 

So I wanna use T mobile, I bought  and put it in 9930 T mobile sim card and activated. 

I had previous phone and I wanted to transfer my number to my new 9930. 

It was transefed. I got a confirmantion email. But it's still not working. 

I'm seeing message on the top of 9930 "insert sim card" and SOS. 

I'm not talking about 3G. I wanna call and text. But it's not working at all. 

I set GSM but still not working. 

For testing, I did something. Please read and review. 

1) I had redpocket sim card, so I put it in to 9930. It's working(not internet just call and text)-9930 is not a problem.

2) I had another Tmobile sim, so I put it int to 9030. It didn't work

3) I had another old Tmobile phone, I put T mobile sim card which was I put my 9930 in first time. It's working.  sim is not a problem. 

Only T mobile sim hasn't worked on my 9930. Another carrier's sim cards were totally workable. 

But T mobile card what I have also working another T mobile old cellphone.

So I conclueded that T mobile sim is fine, the black berry also fine. Because the another sim card was working immediately when I put it in. But why is my 9930 still talking to me insert sim?

I read some article, they suggested me to make my sim card thicker. I did it but still not working. 

Do I have to do something to activate t mobile sim on 9930? I don't think so. Another mobile carrier perfectly working when I put sim to 9930. What's the problem? What do you think guys?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: T mobile Sim card doesn't work.

Where are you located? Usually T-Mobile sim cards do not work in the 9930. What other sim cards have you used that DO work in it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thank you for replying. I'm in Connecticut and New jersey US. 

I have tested simple mobile and red pocket. Both were working(not 3G just call and text)

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'd be surprised that any of those would work in the Verizon device. Simple Mobile is nothing more than a Tmo re-seller.

Anyway, no. The TMobile card is not going to work.

ALSO:  You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thank you. I really spent a lot of time to solve that problem. 

I see. T mobile sim doen't work. 

But I'm really wondering why another sim cards are working.

So, I have verizon 9930. Do I have to use verizon carrier only?

Is there any plan at verizon without contract?

I don't wanna make contract. If you know bring your own phone service, I wanna use that. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You should buy a 9900 that is a GSM device and not CDMA. We don't make the rules. We just try and educate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!