Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: telus

TCP help

Frustrated at this point.!

I have a blackberry 8530, on Telus and I have a data plan.  I upgraded a software program in the office here called Maximizer to version 12 that has a Blackberry app for connection to our database.  (had a previous verison of Maximizer and it worked fine)The new blackberry app does not seem to be working on my phone.  They say I might need to change the tcp settings to a direct TCP setting.  I have contacted Telus and get nothing from them.  Maximizer says it is this setting.  Everywhere I look it says to go to options>advanced setting and there is a TCP setting here to modify.  My phone has no such setting.  Please help me save more hours on the phone with technical support to fix this.

New Contributor

Re: TCP help

No one have and ideas for me?

New Contributor

Re: TCP help

I do not know alot about this stuff.. Might seem like a stupid question...I found the following on the internet.  Does this apply to Telus also?

You can't have the following : "Options/Advanced Options/TCP" or the " APN " on Nextel... those options are available only on GSM versions of Blackberry's. Next time you are asked that question, tell them you have an " iDEN " network.