Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

TEXT MESSAGE ICON MISSING

Hi all, i just upgraded to os6 for my bold 2 phone and after some hours my text message icon disappeared totally. i dont get notified if i get a text and i have to go thru the message icon then message folders to view my sms. got inot trouble wiv ma boss cos of that. he sent me a message n ui just didnt know it had delevered on my phone. someone pls help out...tanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: TEXT MESSAGE ICON MISSING

This happen and to my blod, do a battery pull, if this not solve and u get an error message, reload your os.

I reloaded my os.
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Thanks man...ill definitely try dat when I get home...cheers man
Contributor
My Carrier: dialog

hi...i have upgraded the os6... but my icon got disappered. i was struggling for long time to enable this to find. please help me asap....it's will be a great help

Contributor

as other collegue has mentioned earlier, i re-installed the OS application freshly. i able to overcomed that. 

thanks 

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Engineer

Hello everybody,

i got the same problem. I did pulled the battery. Still not solve. I also got this following message:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointer Exception

Any idea? PLEAAASSSEEE... HELP ME

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9000 smartphone
My Carrier: Globe

This is my problem too.. Anybody who can help..?? Appreciate the help ....
Contributor

Dear laceyeyes, re-install the os with desktop software. It be able to short term answer only. When ever u download app or if any error pop ups, suddendly ur text icon will disappear. BB team need to look into this.
In same time these option also need to be considered. While reading the sms message, with short cut key, u not be able to go to next msg.
I pressed the folloing keys, P: previous, N: next. Ple check with ur device and report.

2nd issue is, I had too many application installed in bold 2. Due to os6, I had to delete fwe, due to memory full. Please recomend some ways, how I able over come it. But I tried the memory cleaner options.

Please update these errors...I'm very big fan 4 BB dude...