Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9810
My Carrier: AIRTEL - INDIA

THIS APPLICATION UNAVAILABLE FOR THIS DEVICE

i am using a BB Torch 9810, tried to download the BBM 7.0.1 with Voice on my device but it says that this is unavailable for this device . since this is a high end handset this should be supporting this application. Please advise on how this could be resolved. The software for the device is also upto date . 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: THIS APPLICATION UNAVAILABLE FOR THIS DEVICE

Hello rajat786

Welome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The problem is not with your device model , but BBM7 is not available where you're located ( your profile shows Airtel - India ) , In few countries BBM 7 is currently not available. Meanwhile you can enjoy BBM6.2 or try BBM 8 from Beta Zone . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

This is not true .. Since my friend has downloaded this on her BB Curve Model 9360.. She is on Vodaphone network . Can you please clarify given this situation .
Elite II

My friend it is true ! Please check this BBM catalog page and see if your country is in " Supported Country ' where BBM7 is available . 

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729/?lang=en&countrycode=IN

rajat786 wrote:
Since my friend has downloaded this on her BB Curve Model 9360.. She is on Vodaphone network . Can you please clarify given this situation .

Your friends must have Installed from other sources which is not official or legit !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Maybe true .. But how can you explain the fact that Not only 1 but 2 of my friends have downloaded this and are using Voice over BBM .. I also have seen this on bothe their phones and it was downloaded from the app world itself .. So 100% legit and official .. Wouldn't you agree !! When I try to do the same on my device the app says ” unavailable for this. device ” ... I am confused and will appreciate a clarification .
Elite II

rajat786 wrote:
 I also have seen this on bothe their phones and it was downloaded from the app world itself .. So 100% legit and official .. 

I will highly appreciate if you give me a link which shows BBM7 from BlackBerry App World for Indian Users ! ! ! 

rajat786 wrote:
Maybe true .. But how can you explain the fact that Not only 1 but 2 of my friends have downloaded this and are using Voice over BBM .

Useyourfavorite Searchengine , you'llfindmanyprivatewebsiteswhichofferthis , ButasIalreadysaidthosearenotlegitandnotanOfficialpushfromBlackBerryAppWorldorAnyBlackBerryWebsite.

I'm not here to prove anything but what is true is always true ! BBM 7 which offer Voice call over wifi is not available for India , and if you even Install BBM 8 from Beta Zone ,But it will not offer BBM Voice Call over wifi . It will allow other features except WiFi calling  . 

As I already said it is not your device problem but restriction from local Govt. Which don't allow this feature ( WiFi Calling ) 

Do let me know if you have any question.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Appreciate your clarifying this .. But I have also downloaded this on a BB9360 handset from the app store myself and have also used the Voice over wifi .. In india , but don't seem to be able to download it on my handset -Torch 9810.. This is ehat is bothering me !! My friend has downloaded it on his BB Bold and I myself used the calling between the BB 9360 .. The version is 7.0.1.23 .. On the 9360.. So my friend please have the facts verified before you just offer an explanation.. The question is that if possible on the BOld and Curve why not on the Torch ??
Highlighted
Elite II

I think you misunderstood my post , As I already said Officially and currently BBM7 is not available in India , go through the above link and re-check if India is in supported Country list as I already posted Or please share a link with us which shows BBM7 is officially  available from BlackBerry to  download and install for users which countries were not in that supported country list .

rajat786 wrote:
 But I have also downloaded this on a BB9360 handset from the app store myself and have also used the Voice over wifi .. In india , 

This is somthing new came up from your side .. On your previous post you said your friend had a 9360 !

rajat786 wrote:
 So my friend please have the facts verified before you just offer an explanation.. 

I already have the facts and also verified and posted the same in front of you ! Check the official BlackBerry App World BBM page . 

But if you are so confident then Uninstall BBM 7 from your Curve 9360 , go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BBM 7 from that list , then try to reinstalling it again from BlackBerry App World and see if it allow BBM7 for your curve 9360. But that being said , you pay your Carrier for all formal support so please call Airtel India and confirm with them if Currently BBM 7 is available for Indian  users.

rajat786 wrote:
The question is that if possible on the BOld and Curve why not on the Torch ??

Can't say about future But Currently BBM 7 is Officialy not available for any BlackBerry Models in India . It is not a problem with BlackBerry , BlackBerry will always abide by local laws and will never push those content where any such features are not allowed . 

New Contributor
My Device: q
My Carrier: q

i also agree rajat786. This world application is unavailable.....

Elite II

Vincentgrant01 wrote:

i also agree rajat786. This world application is unavailable.....

Hi there,

What is your issue ? Which world application is unavailable and where ? 

User rajat786 is located in a country where BBM7 is not officially released and that is the reason he was not offered BBM7 in BlackBerry world . So are you also located in such country where BBM 7 is not yet available ? Have you checked the Catalog page to check if your country is in supported country list ?