Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

TIRED OF THE RANDOM REBOOTS??? FIX IT HERE!

[ Edited ]

Ok, first let me say that i have tested this for the past 4 days and it DOES WORK!!!!

All you need to do is remove your SIM CARD.

If your not traveling outside of the United States, there is no need for the sim card.

I had random reboots with .75 up to .90, and i decided to remove the sim card to see if it would fix anything, and it did.  Like i said, ive been running sim card free for the past 4 days, and i have had no random reboots.

I have no explaination as to why it does fix the issue, but it does.

so, give it a try!

Message Edited by jeff1974w on 01-26-2009 12:30 PM

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: TIRED OF THE RANDOM REBOOTS??? FIX IT HERE!

I was hesitant to do this since everything I had ever heard about SIM cards was that they were essential to the operation of your phone. But I was tired of the random rebooting so I decided to give it a try.

I have only been operating without a SIM card for about an hour now but EVERYTHING on my phone works better and faster! I haven't had any random reboots yet which was the major reason for the change but I am ecstatic about the overall performance increase. I will have to give it some more time to see if any problems arise from the removal of the SIM card but so far I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the info, Jeff!!!

New Contributor
My Device: 9530

ya, since the phone is cdma, removin the sim makes sense.  ANOTHER GOOD POST JEFF1974
Ya, im a hot girl with a BlackBerry, so what!
Kisses
Regular Contributor

Where is the Sim card?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

take the battery door off, and you'll see the sim card.

if the battery is at the top, the sim will be on the left and the sd on the right.

you'll need to remove battery to take out the sim.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

Could this also be the cause of the phone freezing on frequent occasion?

Today, while running 4.7.0.90, I pulled the phone out of its case and found the screen to be "snowy."  The screen never recovered.  I ended up having to pull the battery.  Then I received the VSOD.  Pulled the battery again and was OK afterward.

Trusted Contributor

tired it and still had some issues..... memory leak and slow moving screen....
" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Hey Jeff, I am still having reboot problems with .90 even after I remove the SIM card, It seems to happen a lot when I play songs. Have you or anyone else had this problem since going to .90?
Contributor
My Device: STORM 9530

What is the purpose of the SIM then?
Contributor

hello, having same problems when playing songs BB reboots. I am UK user on Vodafone model number 9500, it is very annoying this happens, I am convinced this is a hardware problem as upgrades are doing nothing to resolve the problem.

I have tried using BB without microSD although same problem persists and wiping phone memory doesn't work either.

I know I havent resolved this issue although if anyone can shed some light on this it wolud be appreciated.