Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: sasktel

TORCH TOUCH SCREEN NOT WORKING

Hi all,

need help.  My torch touch screen is being weird.  I works sometimes and others not.  especially the bottom or top icons are not responding to touch at all.  Is there a way to calibrate it?  I dont understand what a hover time is or a tapinterval is and what it should be set at.  I have only had this phone for 6 weeks and it has never been abusing, water logged etc...not sure what I should do? please help!

Rachel H

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: TORCH TOUCH SCREEN NOT WORKING

Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum.

if only some areas of the screen work to touch the first thing to try is a battery pull while the phone is still switched on. this sems to solve a lot of problems.

the settings i have mine set on are tap intervals 400, hover period 900 and swipe sensitivity (high) 6

you can get to these settings in setup > typing and input > touchscreen sensitivity

i changed mine to these as the default was just too sensitive and would open or dial as soon as i touched the screen.

hopefully someone with more knoledge will be able to advise further.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Sasktel

Hi Rachel,

I too have issues with the touch screen -- I have to do multiple battery pulls per day.  It seems worse after receiving a phone call.  When pressed on the touchscreen the icon response seems to be a row below where I pressed.  When scrolling through emails, I sometimes get 3 at a time and cannot scroll up or down or choose a different email. It seems to be 'stuck' on that group of emails.

I've been advised by my carrier to send the phone for repair -- but I will be without it for 2 to 8 weeks.  They don't seem to have any loaners and will not replace even though I have the Cornerstone Warranty and the Equipment Financing Warranty.

I tried the screen configuration as someone had suggested but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I too have had my phone only 6 weeks, and it would be a cool phone -- but this problem is aggravating.  A replacement warranty would be in order as it seems this phone has issues!

Toby C

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine causing it to be laggy.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Idea

Hi Knottyrope - this didn't really help as my phone has more than 250MB free.

I have the same problem with my touchscreen as well. I am using Torch 9800 on Idea network (India).

If I press "q" on my phone "e" gets pressed; if I back-space then "d" is selected. While checking emails, I am unable to delete the message by clicking on the red cross on bottom right.

I am constantly using the scroll pad to navigate around my phone - then what's the point of an expensive touch screen phone!? I might as well should have bought a Curve/Bold.

I'm facing this problem for the last 6 months - I have tried Soft reset, Hard reset, OS update, battery pull, re-setting screen sensitivity - no clear help!

I am surprised that no RIM/BlackBerry support staff has ever replied and given a correct feedback when clearly thousands of users are facing the same issue and in the latest BB Torch too.

Any help????

Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

You need re-calibration of the screen. Try visiting your Wireless Provider
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have bigger problem,my touch screen is always black,phone working fine but the screen completely black,I can't see who is calling me.

Any help please

Developer

Black? So you can't read your emails? What's the model and software version
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have BB torch 9800 software version 6.0 Bundle 2647. The phone is working but the screen is black,I can't see any thing,even when some body call me ,I don't know who is.
Developer

Did you buy it with this version or you did an upgrade? I heard there's a version which does that but I'm not sure which one specifically

Try my apps: