Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: O2

TRACKERBALL not working please help

Only change I see...is my partner wiped the SD card in the Blackberyy 8900....the ball no longer works up down left or right...

is the software on this for the tracker...as i bought another ball...and replaced same outcome...in case it was that...so now am presuming the software to control the ball was on the SD card...?

please help...and if so...can I download that anywhere or wipe the 8900 and re load...???

URGENT>...freaked out!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: TRACKERBALL not working please help

Hello gavind

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

No there are no such software within our Media Card which control your Trackpad / trackball function, if you already replaced the Trackball of your device then you can try an OS Update / Reload which might help , please refer to this Knowledge Base for further help :

KB29640 : Trackpad ,trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone

Try it and see if that help.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: O2

Re: TRACKERBALL not working please help

When I connect blackberry to desktop manager...it says all up to date

I tried online on web and same.

Most of these options after this ask to click on options..then this and this...but the tracker ball does not work...left right up or down...but it does work just press enter on first item

Going Crazy.....