Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Take a picture with no sound : future laws in the USA

Hello,

we've been talking about it for such a long time. On devices that can take pictures (all devices that have a trackball or a touchscreen), there is a sound whenever you take a picture. That is not a bug, it is by design by RIM.

There is the tweak that consists on making a phone call, and taking the picture during the call.

There are applications that allow you to remove that sound, like BerryAnnoying
http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=19977&n=BerryAnnoying

And soon there will be a law that will forbid manufacturers to sell devices that can allow taking pictures without sound.
http://www.berryreview.com/2009/01/28/camera-phone-predator-alert-act-wants-to-force-clicking-sound-...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Take a picture with no sound : future laws in the USA

Very interesting to know.. Cheers for the info..

Why would you want to take a photo without the sound unless you were doing something naughty.. Woman Surprised

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

absouuuulouuutely naught, bumblepie !
It's just that I have a Chandler syndrom.
when I take a picture of myself, if there is a funny noise, my face distorts.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Because I take my phone to the deer stand and I want to take pictures without scaring away the deer.  Not all of us are perverts.  Also, taking pictures in places such as court houses, librarys, or any other quiet building would not be disrespectful.