Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Task Sync Desktop Software

I'm using a Pearl 8100 and Desktop software 4.3 - some of my Tasks' due dates and start dates in Lotus Notes appear with dates that are ridiculously far into the future after synchronisation with the Pearl 8100. The dates on the Blackberry device are OK but the dates on Lotus Notes are for example like this 29/01/2149. Can anyone advise if there os a reason/fix for this? Thanks.
New Contributor

Re: Task Sync Desktop Software

If you find a solution, I'd like to know.  I'm using Outlook and have the same problem.  Others on the Crackberry forums are also have a similar problem and looking for a solution.  Very frustrating to have "NONE" for due date changed to 2085 and all the "None" start dates changed as well.

John

I had this pretty annoying problem, too, because I usually don't put a due date on my to do items. I have found a very simple solution. It has worked for the past two weeks, so I'm pretty sure the problem is solved.

The solution:

Blackberry Desktop Manager -> Synchronize -> Configuration tab -> Config synch... -> Tasks -> Configure -> Advanced Settings... -> Field Mapping: Now set the handheld "Start date" to NOT synchronize.

Why does this solve the problem?

On the blackberry, tasks don't have a start date. My guess is that Intellisync is finding a number it thinks is a start date, and that number is being converted into a strange start date in whatever Calendar program you are using. In Outlook, whenever a start date is AFTER the due date, the due date is set to be the same as the start date.

This is frustrating, because all RIM needs to do to fix this problem is change the default field mapping.

New Contributor

Thanks for the various replies - I have managed to get round this problem by simply ensuring I have a valid start date with all my tasks in Notes and try not to add any in via the Blackberry device.