Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Task due dates changing during synchronization

I have several tasks with a "none" due date. After synching with Outlook 2007, some but not all of these tasks acquire bizarre new due dates such as 6/3/2826 or 11/14/2432.  How can i get this to stop? Thanks.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Task due dates changing during synchronization

You need to add the due date to the task, after this you are fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, but I am still curious. Seems that if i had ten tasks without a date, all ten would get assigned these random dates in the far future. But that's not the case. Just the a couple are moved to weird times. Others stay as "no due date" and I don't think it's always the same ones that are changed (but i am not 100% sure.)   

Is there a setting a can change in Tasks that would accept "none" as a date? I've had my life organized this way for quite a while when using a treo and I'd love to keep the conventions.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Same here...it's a GTD thing. Maybe I'll see what they have to say over at the GTD forums instead.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem with Outlook 2007 to BlackBerry sync of To-Do's...

Some (but not all) of my BB Tasks' Due Dates of "None"  change to weird dates way out in the future, such as 6/19/2562 or 2/8/2561 in Outlook

Anybody have any ideas to fix this?

Thanks,

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

This workaround I found here seems to work OK:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/171798-8330-outlook-tasks-creat...

The problem seems to stem from the fact that BlackBerry tasks don't have a "start date", while Outlook does.

Step-by-step, here's what I did:

From the BB Desktop Manager, I selected the "Synchronization" button at the upper right.

In the resulting Intellisync Select Device application screen, I selected the "Advanced" button at the lower right.

Under the "Tasks" tab, of the resulting "Advanced" screen, I selected the "Map Fields" button at the lower right.

I selected the double-ended arrow for the "Start Date" field to toggle it off.

I select "OK" a few times to save the revised setting.

I haven't had the crazy date problem since. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: zed10
My Carrier: bell

>>Step-by-step, here's what I did:

Don't you just hate it when no one says Thanks! 

Had me baffled.

Thanks for the tip