Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AIRTEL

Tasks management/information

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just have a few questions on the management of the Tasks in the BB6:

Is it possible to invite somebody for a Task or allocate a contact to the Task? You can do it in BBM but I did not find how to do it in the the normal Tasks.

Other questions, is it possible to transform a mail into a Task or a diary entry?

Thx in advance if somebody can help me!

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 7 Plus
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Tasks management/information

You should be able to forward a task to someone -- by email, BBM, etc.  Create the task.  Highlight the task from the list (but don't have it open).  Go to Menu > Forward As, and select how you'd like to send it.

To make a calendar entry from an email, I use this (free) app:  OnTo Calendar http://soundslikeobiwan.com/~roger/OntoCalendar/

To make a task from an email, I use this (free) app:  Atomichelix Taskify http://www.atomichelix.com/products.html

I also use Atomichelix Notify to add an email to Mem Pad. (At same link as Taskify).

Hope this helps.  ~ecm

New Contributor

Thx Elessar!

For point  2 and 3, well noted, I will try the applications.

But for point 1, I would like to know if you can share or invite a task with somebody?

Super Contributor

Unless you are on BES, you can only forward a task to someone - you can't assign it.

New Contributor

I am on BES but I can not find how to invite somebody in the tasks options. I thought I could find an application to correct that.. If you know one thx in advance otherwise thx for the other 2 answers, the 2 applications work perfectly!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

It appears I was mistaken. You apparently cannot assign a task to someone, even on BES. You can only forward it. I know this isn't what you hpoed to hear. If I locate an app that will help I'll let you know.