Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Telenav

Can somebody please explain to me how to have directions spoken by Telenav go to my Bluetooth device?? It seems to defeat the purpose if you have to listen to hte directions through the Blackberry itself. Blackberry Bold 9000, BTW.

Thank you very much!!

Gary

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Telenav

Hello Munner2010 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

KB04010 talks about supported Bluetooth features.

Thanks and have a great day!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 8900
My Carrier: at&T

did that bulletin help you at all?  i have a similar issue.  bluetooth vm-605 visor speaker for car, bold 9000, telenav.  directions wont announce thru the speaker.  used to do it, but i am pretty sure i upgraded the software and it hasnt worked since i installed BB OS 5.0.  some other forums say its a problem with the operating system software.  after upgrading to .822,  i can no longer listen to internet radio.  very frustrating

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am still having the same problem. The OS upgrade seemed to scrrew up a lot of things. When I want to use Telnav I use earphones and stick in one ear. Around here, that just could be illegal. I haven't found another app simililar to Telnav that will use bluetooth. Ridiculous!!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 8900
My Carrier: at&T

ta da!   the instructions never tell ya nuttin.  from another forum i got an answer.  after you have the telenav session established, press the $ key on your phone to put telenav in 'bluetooth' mode.  finally after more than a year, it solved my problem of not being able to get gps announced over bluetooth.  no more missed turns for me now

New Contributor

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Finally a solution. I will try it tomorrow. Thank you so much!!!!

GarySmiley Happy