Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 3G
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Telephone Conversation recording

[ Edited ]

When taking business calls on my previous mobile (which was a five year old Nokia 3310(?)) I could record both sides of the conversation simply by pressing the record button on the side of the phone, This was great for keeping records or taking notes whilst on the move, or if I couldn't find a pen etc..

I now have a Curve 3G 9300 on Virgin mobile, recently upgraded to OS V.6 and would like to know if this is possible with the Curve either from the OS or with an app.

Thanks

Alan. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Telephone Conversation recording

Not possible from OS.

Hunt for an app if you would like, i didnt find anything satisfactory when I was looking for it.

New Contributor

Thanks sudeep

It just seems like a step backwards, using a smartphone and taking notes with a pen & paper.

Alan.

Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Its actually not a technology issue. RIM has blocked this for quite awhile and continues to not open any API’s that would allow such an application to exist.

Trusted Contributor

Also,

There are a few third party solutions available in the market if you wanna give it a shot.

http://www.tbilisoft.com
 www.recordiapro.com  

etc...

New Contributor

Well it looks like I may have to carry my old Olympus voice recorder to take notes with, as I don't think I could remember all the required details (i.e.. Name, address, Tell & Ref.. No's etc) until after the call.

The BB 9300 3G is a great phone, but it's still lacking some important functions which have been available as standard on Nokia mobiles for years.

Alan.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

What is the problem here! User has reqyuirement, supplier isn't interested. I have a Blackberry, other suppliers are catching up Blackberry offerings, maybe it's time to change.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

I'd say that the biggest problem is that recording a phone conversation is ILLEGAL...  which is why it makes sense that RIM dosn't allow this to happen.

New Contributor

mrbeal wrote:

I'd say that the biggest problem is that recording a phone conversation is ILLEGAL...  which is why it makes sense that RIM dosn't allow this to happen.

No it's not illegal to record your own incoming & outgoing telephone call conversations in the UK (and I suppose most other countries), Businesses do it all the time, There are however certain procedures to follow which may or may not reduce some limitations of use.