Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 3

Telephone function not working

Device info

Your carrier: 3 (previously TIM)

Model info and OS version: Torch 9800 (OS 6.0 Pacchetto 2354)

Apps and free space

Memory available: 298.582.278 bytes

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No. Tried also a reset by canceling and reinstalling the software and the info

I live in Italy. I have changed telecom provider (from TIM to 3). I was not able to register on treitalia.blackberry server

The 3 operator did it and mail started to work. The day after the phone was no longer working as a phone (only emergency calls allowed).

When I moved the SIM into another blackberry it was working as a phone. So the problem is the device.

Few days after switching the SIM the phone started again being able to do phone calls (keep in mind that I was in holiday Spain when this hapenned). But at that point the emails did not work any longer.

As soon as I landed in Italy again it was possible to use the phone only for emergency calls. It was possible to adjust the email settings on the treitalia.blackberry server and the emails started working again.

When I go under Settings and choose Account Email and then Internet Account (Account di posta Internet) it does no allow me to set anything. It sends me back to the settings screen. Only when I do this action and then I try to exit the sofware is blocked (does not exit and does not allow to move or select cancel). In order to exit I need to click the blackberry key and then select the Home (or another) page. So the software has not crashed.

3 says that the phone is blocked by TIM. TIM has sold this phone as a free phone and says that it is not blocked

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Telephone function not working

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You have a strange situation indeed...you need to get TIM and 3 to work together to resolve this situation. As long as 3 insists that it's blocked by TIM, 3 won't likely be willing to help. Getting them to talk to each other might get things working for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................