Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: bell

Telephone via internet wi-fi?

Hi,

I leave in a zone where cellular signal is very low and I want to know if it exist an application or something else I can use to pass through my home internet router to receive cellular signal(like a VOIP). My internet service is supply by cable with videotron and my contract for the cell is with Bell.

Anybody have an idea?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Telephone via internet wi-fi?

Hi fredyboy333,

There are a couple of things you can look into, but both involve calling Bell. The first thing is to check with Bell to see if they offer WiFi calling (also known as UMA) on their network. I seem to recall that there was discussion on this issue for both Bell and Telus, but I don't know if they ever moved forward with it.

The second option is to see if Bell can supply you with a signal booster to boost the cellular signal at your home, or another alternative. They may or may not offer this as an option, but so long as you do get some signal at home, a cell signal booster may help.

As to apps you can try, none will work with your existing cell number. But if you go into BlackBerry App World, search for VoIP and you should get a number of options that may or may not work for your needs.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!