Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Telus 8330 GPS issue solution

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

I think it's about time somebody document how to fix this problem.  As you know Telus (and their sometims less than intelligent tech support) are giving the scripted answer that you can use the Telus Navigator with GPS and you have to be outside.  One guy tryed to lie to me and tell me that my windsheild would block the signal... uh no.   

What they don't tell you is that there are several versions of telus navigator that you can download and only one works.  You need to NOT use the one that is linked from your web browsers bookmarks called "Telus Mobility".  That one does not work.  You need to go from the green Telus Applications iconm which links to

http://www.telusmobility.com/handheld/blackberry8330/applications.html

This is the correct link to the TELUS navigator that will help you release your BB's lock on GPS. 

Once your in run it and let it sync to maps.  Suck up the $3 princess.

If it obtains a lock then you can delete it and your other apps including BB maps and Google maps will work.

Cheers, Paul 

EDIT: Removed attempt at getting round smut filter

Message Edited by Andy on 06-22-2008 08:14 AM
Regular Contributor

Re: Telus 8330 GPS issue solution

thats cool, i also found that the Telus navigator made my GPS perfectly everytime. But i disagree with you. we shouldnt have to pay a single cent extra for somthing thats suppose to be built in and working perfectly out the box.

im getting Telus navigator for free until this GPS issue is fix, i was on the phone with telus and was......how you say.. quite demanding, and after a little force full convincing , she agreed to credit my account, for free Telus navigater until the issue is completly resolved ^_^.   your idea is an option yes, but im not paying more to fix a problem they have

its like buying a laptop, and paying $5 a month to keep windows running lol

*cheers     Smiley Wink           give telus a hard time, they will give you Telus navigator free too 

Developer

No don't get me wrong here.  I don't think you read my entire post.  I am saying that once I installed that *rappy program from telus my GPS in BB MAPS worked and Google Maps worked.  I then proceeded to delete Telus Navigator (it sucks) and I will be asking for my $3 dollars back don't worry.  But delete it.  It's a POS.

My point was that

1) The right telus navigator fixed my GPS problem and it was linked below.

2) If you donwload the version of Telus Navigator from their bookmark in your browser (I think it's a wap site) then it will not work.  As I experienced.

3) Telus should have fixed this and stop being Dou*he bags about it.

Regular Contributor

ohhh im sorry, i must have missed the point were you said you deleted it, my bad ^_^

but i have telus navigator too, and yes Google maps and BB maps work great when its running,

but my problem still occurs like an hour after i close Telus navigator, my GPS fails to lock again.

until i launch the navigater again Smiley Frustrated 

Developer

[ Edited ]

Ok I almost **Bleep** Telus bricks there.  It took longer to connect and I thought the same thing was happening to mine but  mine has been going for about 4 hours now and I just reconnected.  I'm going to try to resend my service books and see if that kills it.  This is getting interesting. 

EDIT: Removed attempt to get round smut filter

Message Edited by Andy on 06-22-2008 10:17 AM
Regular Contributor

aye, i too have been doing lots of researching on this issue, thats also how i got my Telus navigator for free, i've called telus like 2-3 times. also been browsing forms none stop past week or so
Developer

ok So I'm not sure why yours resets.  I'll keep an eye on mine.  I resent the service books and reregistered on the network for good measure and my GPS is still good.  

Regular Contributor

would you care to share how you resent your service books?

perhaps i could try your same method and see what happens.
Compair notes, sorta speak

Developer

Yes.  First I would do a "Register Now" from the Options - Advanced - Host routing Table.  This is supposed to resend your service books but ya know....  Telus is supposed to have GPS working...

Then go to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus (which you may recognize if you set up your email your self) and in there one of the menus is to Send Service books.

Also I have found that if you call telus bb support and ask for them to resend the service books, they seem to work better.  But it might just be my perception.

Regular Contributor

Good to know ^_^ , i will give it a try.