Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Telus 8330 GPS issue solution

Another thing that helps but I'm sure your oging it is powering off and on the device.  Not just a reset.  Some times it doesn't connect and then I turn off and on  the attena and it works again.

Regular Contributor

Aye, i did a hard Battery reset earlyer today, im turning on Telus navigator to get my GPS working again, then im going to register my phone with the network while GPS is currently active, and see what happens.

I need to head out, i will check back on the forums later tommorow, thanks for the tips ^_^

PS. hope you got my message Pwoods 

Regular Contributor

i sent my service books an everything last night, then i try my GPS again this morning, and no luck. after about 5 minutes of searching for a GPS lock, i had to use Telus Navigator to jump start the GPS, now everything is good for a little while, until i close Telus navigator for a period of time it seems *thinks*
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Telus 8330 GPS solution to Satellite not found and GPS not working

[ Edited ]

Having had the same GPS problem and spending 6+ hours with 7 techs online trying to solve the problem (for myself and 4 Future Shop employees experiencing the same problem) I called Telus who insists they have never heard of this problem before and that they dont support Blackberry Maps because that is a Blackberry problem. What great news for sales people. I purchased this device because my wife has an 8310 with Rogers that worked out of the box and gives us the Lat and Long GPS locations we need for genealogy. I downloaded and installed the Telus Navigator with the tech and Loyalty reps on line simultaneously and got assurances from the Loyalty and Retention dept that I will not be charged for it.  I realize that your solution said we could remove the "TRIAL Navigator" version after syncronization with the Blackberry Maps , but I do not understand how to synchronize it with the Maps and the tech did not know. I of course will use the Navigator under the circumstance for the time being but would like to know the steps for syncrhonizing with Maps or other apps. for the sales and other people less willing to spend the time or money to get the Navigator and its associated costs. As for sucking up the costs that is not the point, and for retired people like us fighting for every penny why should I pay for a Telus solution when the same item works on Rogers. I have been a long time Telus client and was quite patient with them on the phone and made sure I got every reps name, kept a record or date, and time of call and their extension and location numbers. But even as a long time client I should not have to do that but it made quite a difference that I was able to show that this issue was neither a result of a bad unit, not knowing how to use it and having a working Rogers unit beside it. So at least we have a working solution but what about all those others this should be promoted in Telus training and you shouldnt be made to feel like you are the only person with this problem what would even be better is if they would get it to work by following the instructions under Telus Help(the Yellow ?)-GPS Technology-Get Your GPS location-(4 steps)

Message Edited by TinyDJD on 02-20-2009 01:21 PM

go to kijiji.ca and search "telus curve gps"

now my gps works with blackberry maps and google maps!!! Smiley Very Happy 

go to kijiji.ca and search "telus curve gps"

now my gps works with blackberry maps and google maps!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New Contributor

Went through all the same crap with Telus, re this issue 1. windshield blocking signal? wrong idiots, 2. 3rd party problem - no 3. Installation problem - not  4. Pay $ 10 for app and then added monthly cost - not likely.  I have my account with Telus and another family member with Rogers one is and 8330 and the other 8310 so same model same functions. The  Rogers bb worked and the GPS worked out of the box on the other unit. So it is not a Blackberry problem it is a telus problem and we should not only not pay for the Telus problem but get a reduced rate until it is fixed I know I do NOW.

Visit this link and do what it says.  It's a hardware hack so potentially scary for some, but it works.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1490760&page=1&pp=15

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

I think I MIGHT just have a final solution. 

I tried what the post initially said, and yes once Telus Navigator was up and running, all other GPS stuff worked too (Google Maps being my preference). However, if I reset the phone or exited from Telus Navigator, it seemed to stop working again.

Here's what I did, and it seems to have worked so far:

-Sucked it up and bought a $3 one-day pass for Telus Navigator..

-Opened Telus Navigator

-Used Application Switcher to open Google Maps and verify that it was working, it was

-Without closing Telus Navigator, I used Application Switcher to get back to home page and go into Options and then Security Options and then Application Permissions, then setting Telus Navigator to DENY for all options

-Prompted to reset and did so...

-You will get an error message when you start up your phone from now on (probably Telus Navigator trying to turn off the GPS again) but now I can just go straight into Google Maps and it works fine with GPS

My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Telus

I tried the Telus Navigotor permission denial thing and it worked great.

Once in the telus navigator I found my position (down to 40m previously 1300m) but the BB menu wouldnt let me switch applications so I hit the phone key and once in phone I switched applications to home screen/ options/ security options blah blah permisiosn deny

thank you.. this is awesome..