Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

Telus Torch 9810: Warranty repair woes

My fiancee has been having problems with her Torch 9810 recently. Her phone displays an SOS icon. We have brought the phone to a Telus retailer 4 or 5 times now. They have replaced her SIM card 3 times to date under the SIM card 1 year warranty. It's happened a 4th time now and we asked Telus to send in the phone for repairs under warranty but were told that they would have to repair a crack on the screen and it would cost extra. The display is still functional, as is the touch functionality. As far as I know, the damage on the screen is purely cosmetic. Not wanting to pay extra, we asked for an estimate for repairs solely on the SIM card issue. Sure enough, the estimate came back at >200$ for the screen and the SIM card issue.. It seems as though there is no way around repairing the screen. Needless to say, we are not willing to pay the additional costs for cosmetic damage and a problem that is still covered under warranty. This all seems so silly to me as they are not asking us to pay for other cosmetic damage such as scratches and peeled paint. We went to a Rogers dealer and were told that this seems odd and we should be able specify what we wanted repaired. Is Telus in the wrong here? Any suggestions? 

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10, Z10 and 64GB PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Telus Torch 9810: Warranty repair woes

They will probably give you a replacement/refurbished phone and that's why they're refusing to "unbundle" the screen repair. $200 seems fair, btw. I suggest you pay as it *is* broken after all.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Telus Torch 9810: Warranty repair woes

It's time to ask for your issue to be escalated to RIM.  Telus has a responsibility, under contract to RIM, to handle all warranty work on your phone.  When they cannot fix the issue, you can request to have it escalated to RIM for investigation.  The crack on your screen should not be forcing an SOS icon on it.

Call Telus back and remind them of this obligation of theirs.  Start by gently reminding them of it and bump it up to an outright demand that they follow this course of action.

Post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.