Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: 02

Temporarily halting work emails to my Curve

Hi All

I am sure this has been asked a million times , but i am A) A technophobe and B) unsure if i have found the correct answers so far....

Can someone tell me how to halt my work emails on a temporary basis...? i am due to go away soon and work runs my life as it is , i need to be able to ignore all work related emails or i may end up getting divorced

I dont need them to come through when i switch back no as they will go to my desktop anyway...

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Temporarily halting work emails to my Curve

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sadly, saying "work emails" opens up some doors of possibility that would take us down a wholly different path than normal "consumer level" email usage. So, I must ask...is this BES? Hopefully you know if it is or not...as the approach to take is very different if it is BES versus if it is not. Indeed, if it is BES, what you want to do is have your BES admins cease delivery of email to your BB; they may have have to completely de-activate your BB from BES, but you would need to talk to them about how to accomplish what you desire.

If it's not BES, then it's different...see this KB:

• KB04389 Change the default filter action when no filters exist in your BlackBerry Internet Service account

What you do is set the Default filter to NOT send things to your BB...and then BIS will obey and not send any email to your BB. You do have to remember to un-do it when you want to start receiving emails again.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: 02

Sorry to ask , but what does `BES` stand for ?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

BlackBerry Enterprise Server/Service -- typically, a corporate-owned server that functions as the bridge between the corporate BBs and the corporate messaging system (e.g., Exchange). When you said "work emails" it opened the door to this possibility. If your email service is Gmail, Yahoo, POP, IMAP, or any other Internet facing email service, then you are not BES.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................