Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

Re: Terrible Customer Service!!! - BBM Contacts Lost!!! - BBM Contact Recovery - BBM 7.0 - TERRIBLE!!!

Only way I recovered contacts was to reinstall 6.2.0.44, someone here gave me the link to download it, the 7.0 doesn't even allow a proper restore.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: 3 (Three-UK)

Re: Terrible Customer Service!!! - BBM Contacts Lost!!! - BBM Contact Recovery - BBM 7.0 - TERRIBLE!!!

I'm happy to hear that you have solved your problem.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to like someone's post if it was useful!
Contributor

Yeah tell me about it, I was so frustrated. What's terrible is that RIM's customer care is so horrendous. I know i wasn't the only one having issues with this upgrade.
Regular Contributor

I've got to admit RIM did screw up the BBM 7 release, though they did release a open beta so that people could try it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor

Yeah I didn't get that, all I got was the BB App World notification and like always I downloaded it...boy was that a mistake.  The same thing happened to me with OS 7.0 got rolled out, I had to completely wipe my phone, even the RIM people didn't know what to do.  It was a complete disaster.

Regular Contributor

Tip For next time: If a major update like OS 8 or BBM 8 comes out, wait for the next update after it, because they normally rule out and bugs. (e.g wait for BBM 7.1 or 7.0.1
Contributor

Yeah definitely gonna do that. I remember when I had the OS 7.0 issue, I was on the phone with RIM for 2 days. The tech support guy had no clue what was wrong. It was really frustrating.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I have found the troubleshooting guide published by RIM about lost contacts in BBM7 :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/New-BBM-7-Update-Now-Available-Ge...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: P9981
My Carrier: Azercell

My friend i have the same problem , how can i downgrade my bbm ?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

[ Edited ]

to reinstall BBM 6.2, read ahead:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/HOWTO-install-BBm-6-2-if-you-have...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: