Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
08-01-2010 04:39 PM
Need confirmation that this new free trial and automatic licensing system is working; there had been problems with the keys, and possibly the trial also was not functioning properly on all devices / OS.
Looking for confirmation of the following:
1. Did the free trial function properly in all respects after download? If not, which phone & OS?
2. If you also tried another flashlight, or were using a free one or just the video camera, your light was probably configured On by default in the camera. This causes Video Flashlight not to work until either that setting is changed, or a setting is changed in Video Flashlight's HELP / OPTIONS. Were you able to figure that out by finding and accessing Video Flashlight's "Help / Options" in the menu?
3. Did the free trial expire 3 days after installation?
4. Were you presented with a license activation screen with Buy link after trial expiration?
If you purchased a new copy after the trial expired:
5. Was the licensing handled automatically, or did it ask for a key?
6. Is the key shown by clicking on the app in your list of purchased apps?
7. Did the provided key unlock the app?
If upgrading from a previous version: same questions as above, but please note if you were upgrading or purchasing a new copy.
Thank you. All of this was tested pre-release, but unfortunately there were still some problems with keys for the old version being given out instead of the correct keys for the new version.
08-11-2010 03:04 AM
There have been so many support requests from people being issued no key, that I'm pulling the free trial and going back to how it was before when there were no support requests. I tried to resolve the issue, because I want to offer a free trial, but with no feedback here I can't solve anything.
Again, it's not a problem with the app or key generator, but with the store issuing no key when people move up from the trial to purchasing. The app is designed to pick up the key automatically, but when the store doesn't run the key generator I've provided and forward the key to the app, it cannot work.
Now that this is trial-less, I'll mention that there are no known problems with this app, as long as it has Interactions permission and the video light is Off by default in the video camera. The newer version (2.2) has an option to support the light being On by default, and that option is reached by pressing Menu twice and selecting "Flashlight Help/Options". In version 2.1 (which is what you get if you download the version with emergency lights, or BestFLASH), there is no such setting, but if you really want the video camera light On by default, you can deny the app Input Simulation permission, and then it won't toggle the light.
Some work has been done to detect the state of the light to know whether it has to be toggled on or not, but that is not as easy as it sounds and is not working yet. Maybe in a future update.