Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Testing - BB connection towards MS Outlook 2010

Hello,

I would like to test my MS Outlook 2010 connection towards my BB device. I have installed the BB Desktop Support and I have configured mail box in MS outlook 2010. Now I would like to connect both of them, so that I can get mails on BB device when may laptop is not with me.

Kindly suggest some idea's to test this.

Thanks,

Abhishek Pukale.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Testing - BB connection towards MS Outlook 2010

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If what you are attempting is to, wirelessly (over the air), connect your BB to your Outlook client, then such is not a valid approach. The BB can integrate with your email SERVICE/SERVER, and likewise your Outlook will integrate with the same. But, your BB and Outlook CLIENT will not integrate directly with each other for email. That is just not how things work.

Perhaps I misunderstand you desires? If so, please clarify.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

yes you are right. You got my point.

Ok if i can't with that way, then suggest me some other way to connect my BB to Gmail server.

I tried to doenload Gmail apps from apps store but, its getting fail always. it just giving error msg that, "please try later".

Tell me simply way that, I can connect my Gmail account to BB 8520.

Thanks,

Abhishek Pukale

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

KB02189 How to associate email addresses with the BlackBerry Internet Service account

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................