Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: Successful in tethering a Curve 8900 to MacBook Pro using Bluetooth (on T-Mobile data plan)

did you ever resolve this issue?  i can't seem to get the MacBook to connect using bluetooth .

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: Successful in tethering a Curve 8900 to MacBook Pro using Bluetooth (on T-Mobile data plan)

Hi:

After too much wandering all over the internet I came up with this solution, it worked on T-mobile, so at least we know what would need to happen in other carriers:

T-mobile support forums:

forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Internet-Connection-Sharing/How-to-set-up-BlackBerry-as-modem-for-Mac-OsX-via...

"OK  .....i have finally figured this one out...
i have successfully tethered my 8900 curve

1.  you HAVE to install the new mac desktop manager. (this makes RIM appear as a possible vendor later when you are creating the network connection)
2. Create a bluetooth connection between blackberry and mac.
3.  Create a bluetooth DUN connection

This is where all the mistakes happen.  If you look in your black berry options-advanced settings - tcp    and you see epc.tmobile.com use the following settings when you create the bluetooth network connection

a) Telephone number <leave blank>
b) Account name       <gprs>
c) password              <gprs>

then go to advanced settings
in the modem tab make sure the following are selected and entered
a) Vendor <Research in Motion>  (youmust install the latest mac blackberry desktop manager to have this available)
b) Model <blackberry ip modem GSM>  (youmust install the latest mac blackberry desktop manager to have this available)
c) APN <epc.tmobile.com>

In the DNS tab
enter the following in: 66.94.9.120 and 66.94.25.120

In the proxy tab use the following
web proxy: 216.155.175.188  port 8080

thats it...good luck"

Good luck everybody I hope this helps!!

New Contributor

followed these instructions for tethering.  i get the BB and Mac to recognize, but cannot make connection to PPP.  anybody know if it could be leopard not being configured to do this?  i have leopard 10.6.3

thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Hi:

I'm currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and it worked, just follow the steps and remember for pairing you have to get the mac to send the passkey to the BB not the other way around.

Some questions:

Are you on T-Mobile?

Do you have the unlimited data plan?

What model of BB you're trying to connect?

If its a yes for the first two and a BB 8900 this has to work I did it with my macbook pro yesterday and with my wifes macbook afterwards, both worked perfect!

Rgds,

A

New Contributor

what is unlimited data plan?  i have unlimited emailing.  i have BB 8900 and t - mobile.  thanks.

New Contributor

the devices are paired, but i cannot connect.  

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Used your advice, it worked amazingly well, I am with T-Mobile, did the "wap.voicestream.com" etc; as a NEW TO MAC user it was super earu & I can get rid of that **bleep** "cricket" wireless card I had been using for another (PC) & use the MAC. BTW, I didnt have to install any scripts...I have a MacBook, the 13" that came out right before the 13" MacBook Pro came out. Thanks again !

New Contributor

can you send me the directions that you followed as i cannot get my to connect.  what is a tmobile data plan?  thanks.

New Contributor

yes, i am on t-mobile

not sure if i have "data plan"  what is it?

can't get connections

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: Tethered Modem Bold 9000 to Mac Book Pro

Hi All - I've just downloaded RIM BBerry DT Manager and followed the link for the modem software and now have all installed.  When I try and connect with the Bold as the modem, it asks for my password, then moves onto 'authentication' before 'disconnecting' and telling my to contact my administrator if the problem persists.  I have full signal etc.,  I have successfully tethered the Bold to my work PC (which I hate) but also need it to work on my Mac (which I love) - Anyone go any similar experiences and/or fixes?