Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve (red)

Tethering for Sprint BB Curve 8530

Is tethering possible with a Sprint BB Curve 8530?  If so please HELP ME!

Mrs. Janaia M.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Tethering for Sprint BB Curve 8530

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Can you describe exactly what you mean by "tethering"? There are at least two possible answers I can give, depending on exactly what you are desiring to do...

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

I am having the same (vague) problem. I am both unable to "connect" my sprint RIM 8530 using bluetooth to my Macbook Pro running OSX Snow leopard 10.6. While I wish to be able to do this anyway, I am currently trying to do this in the attempt to be able to use my curve as a modem, which I think is what tethering refers to. For me, the curve as a modem, either by bluetooth or wire is the bigger concern because I will likely be loosing power and internet services in about 24 hours due to inclement weather. Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

vip2001 wrote:

I am having the same (vague) problem. I am both unable to "connect" my sprint RIM 8530 using bluetooth to my Macbook Pro running OSX Snow leopard 10.6. While I wish to be able to do this anyway, I am currently trying to do this in the attempt to be able to use my curve as a modem, which I think is what tethering refers to. For me, the curve as a modem, either by bluetooth or wire is the bigger concern because I will likely be loosing power and internet services in about 24 hours due to inclement weather. Thanks!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Yes, one of the possibilities (of "tethering") is to use a BB as a modem for a PC...there are others.

For your situation, this is the public KB of information. Hopefully it contains something useful to you; if I understand the document correctly, doing so via BT is not an available feature.

Further MAC-specific information can be obtained in our dedicated MAC forum on this site:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-for-Mac/bd-p/blackberryformac

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Sprint 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2009/05/06/simple-tethering-solution-now-available-for-mac-giveaways/

If I understand your request this link should get you where you want to go!