Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

Tethering

With Verizon, do any of the blackberries allow tethering and talking at the same time or is that the point of all the commercials?

Curve 8330 OS v4.5
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Tethering

On Verizon, no, cannot talk while tethered, using your BlackBerry as the modem for an internet connection to you laptop.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: VZW

This is incorrect.  I tether and talk all the time on Verizon with the Blackberry Storm 2.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon

Actually you have added apples to the bowl of oranges.  You have a wi-fi capable Storm 2 and the device of the OP is an 8330.  You have a Wi-fi capability that allows you to connect via wi-fi and have a phone capability that is separate.  Without wi-fi and tethering it is either or but not both.  An incoming call while tethered will interrupt the tethering connection.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Contributor

Can u explain this comment: " You have a wi-fi capable Storm 2 and the device of the OP is an 8330."
Curve 8330 OS v4.5
Forums Advisor II

Of the Curve model line up two offer Wi-fi capability.  The Curve 8320 and the 8350i.  Unless there is a model that has entered the line up not reflected by Blackberry's specification page for the model the 8330 does not have a wi-fi capablity.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
New Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve

I recently got my BB Curve 8330 and am interested in using the "Tether" program available online ( not from Verizon ) but am concerned about incurring ADDITIONAL charges from Verizon. I already pay for the "unlimited" blackberry data plan. Does anybody know if Verizon will charge if I start using it with my laptop?

Forums Advisor II

If you are using something like tether no. Don't d/l movies and such otherwise it is simple data usage. It is not the fastest connection by any means.
New Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve

Thanks! For the record, I downloaded and installed the software on my PC and BB and it works perfectly! Not as fast as WiFi, but fast enough if there isn't a WiFi available. I will likely buy this program.

Contributor

You are basically saying you can cancel the unlimited data plan and just download the program to tether?

Curve 8330 OS v4.5