Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Text Limit of 140 charchters

I am from Canada and my carrier is Sasktel does anyone know why on the Storm 9530 I only have a 140 character limit. All of my other phones regardless of maker or carrier had a limit of 160. I was told at Sasktel that the limit is a set by my Blackberry and has nothing to do with the phone carrier, does any one know if this is true or if there is a workaround to this limitation?

Another thing I have noticed is that once I reach the 140 charachter limit I am not able to continue typing my text but I am forced to send an incomplete text and manualy start a second text to finish my thought. Other phones I have had would let me type as much as I needed to and would automatically create however many tesxts it needs to send my message, this is done all automatically.

Is there a setting to change this?

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-4, PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Text Limit of 140 charchters

Not sure about Canadian carriers. I use Verizon here in the US, my Storm is limited to texts of 160 characters. I downloaded an app from Blackberry App World called "Beyond 160" it does what I think you are looking for. But, I'm not sure since you are limited to 140. Still, it may pay to look into it. It costs $6.99, but there is a trial so you can try it for free to make sure it will work for you.

JPD217

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Text Limit of 140 charchters

http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=28752

beyond 160   

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy