Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Text Message Alerts Not Alerting Properly on Storm

I have my Text Message Alerts set up to make an audible sound as well as flash the LED.  The first time I receive a text message from a contact (Bob for example) the phone will alert properly (audible and LED).  But, any subsequent text messages from that same contact (Bob) will only flash the LED but not make an audible sound.  I have found that as long as their is an existing text message in my box from Bob (read or unread) no audible sound is made.  If I delete all text messages from Bob from my box it will alert properly.

How can I make the phone alert for every text message received, regardless of their being an existing text message from a contact.

New Contributor

Re: Text Message Alerts Not Alerting Properly on Storm

I actually have a very similar problem.  I'm not sure if it's just the same person but at times whether my phone is locked or unlocked i don't get alerts for my texts, or e-mails at times.....  I hope this problem gets fixed cuz i don't want to miss any importants txts or emails.....
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

I have the same problem. It only happens when the phone it's locked and only for text messages. I even installed the update and reset it several times! I tried to call customer service, but it seems like they have never heard of this kind of issue....
Highlighted
New Contributor

Same thing happened to me and I was told I had to set up a Custom Profile and set it to that in order to avoid this from happening.  I don't think that this should be the issue and think that there should be a better answer than what Verizon and told me about the custom profile.  Anyhow....I did set up a profile and have it set to that and havn't missed a text since.
New Contributor

No, mine still doesn't work!

I called in and worked with Verizon support for a while and they had no idea what the problem was.  They were supposed to be calling me back but to my great suprise they never called backSmiley Surprised

I did get this resolved on my own though after simply changing my text message alert sound.  Not sure what the problem was with the other tone, but as soon as I changed it things worked perfectly.
New Contributor

Yes! Apparently the speedlight ringtone is defective AND both Verizon and Blackberry are still in denial .
New Contributor

i've tried several ringtones.  didn't make any difference.  always rings some ringtone that i don't know what it is.  just in sms text.  got a new phone and it does the same thing.

I am having this same problem, I spoke to Verizon and their solution is replacing my phone.  I have changed the alert and it works most of the time but not always.... after reading this, I believe it to be the "Lightspeed" alert. (I love that alert, I used to get asked can you send that tone to me)   SOMEONE HELP US!!!!

I have been having the same issues. For me it seems to be any sound and I also have problems with sounds on bbm at times. My buudy and gf both dont seem to have a problem with theirs though.