Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Text Message Alerts Not Alerting Properly on Storm

I am having the same problem and have had two different phones doing the same thing.  The latest software update did not correct the problem either.  I see that there has not been any additional posts in a couple of months.  Did someone figure out how to make these alerts for SMS messages work correctly?
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

It's only "lightspeed"...you need to pick a different tone.
My Device: Not Specified

i had the same problem my messages would sound when ever they wanted too. i went to verizon and they didnt know what was wrong with it so they gave me a new phone. well the new one does it too. but i figured it out for some reason the alerts that come with the phone dont work so i put in songs or alerts that i downloaded to my memory card in the phone and it works fine now. so i recommend that you download or put songs on the memory card and use those. hope this helps you guys.
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Bell

got the same issue myself; even changing the tones don't do anything and i created a custom profile.

i think it has to do with the storm software itself, since neither IM programs (msn/yahoo/bbm) work properly when it comes to alerts.

the only thing that works right is the flashing red light.

im curious about whether or not the other models have this issue too.

plm
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Me

i have the same problem. i have had a blackberry 8520 curve for a week now, and mine does exactly the same! i have tried all sorts of tones and the SMS alert just refuses to work. BBM alert works fine and so does voice calling, but SMS does not sound/vibrate, or even flash up with the red light.

i know it's only been a week but it's frustrating me having to keep checking my phone for SMS messages! if anyone finds a solution to this problem PLEASE inform me!

plm
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Me

After realising I had the issue above with my BlackBerry I spoke to a friend who told me that when he had the same problem he took the whole battery out, left it for five minutes and then when he put it back in it worked. So I tried it, and it worked!! Try it! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Ive had my BB 8520 for just under a week and it was doing my head in that my sms tone would not work no matter what I did!! i saw your thread and tried it...it worked for me so thank you!!! Smiley Very Happy