Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Text Message Problems - Mixed up, scrambled texts

Hello

I have a BB Bold 9700, I have had this phone since September 2012 and had no issues until about 2 months ago. When I am sending a text it often mixes up with a previous text sent in that conversation. It generally only happens with one person and it will usually send the first half of the message I have written and then the second half will be a message that I sent days ago. 

I have googled this problem countless times, I have updated the software, I have done a factory reset and I have tried continuously deleting texts after replying. Nothing has worked. 

This problem is extremely frustrating as I am constantly having to re-send texts. On my screen the text looks completely normal but on the recipients phone it makes no sense. 

Please help

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Text Message Problems - Mixed up, scrambled texts

Hi bekibwfc,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sounds like you may have an issue with the SMS Messages database. Can you please try backing up all your data and then clearing the SMS Messages database? This KB article provides the steps. "How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone" KB10167

Could you please then test your SMS text messages without restoring the previous settings from backup to see if that resolves the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: o2

Re: Text Message Problems - Mixed up, scrambled texts

Hello

I am also having the same problem with my text messages.

I have cleared all the data from my phone and have not restored it. Yet the text messages are still not being received correctly. (part of the new text and part of an old text message)

Can you advise what else i can do. I purchased my Blackberry Bold 9780 in Dec 2011.

Thanks