Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Text Message Thread Problems after update

Hi, have had this problem since updating to OS 7.1 Bundle 1737 last month.  When my phone updated, it backed up and then restored all of my information including text messages. However, now all of the threads are completely messed up. There are several different threads for the same person (let's say Mark). So Mark has like three different threads. When I send a new text message to Mark, it starts a new thread, rather than adding it to the previous one. Also, when sometimes if I try sending a message to Jack, it sends to Jack and Greg even though I did not type in Greg's name. What do I do!

Device info

Your carrier: Verizon

Model info and OS version (Go to Settings, then Options, then about): Bold 9930, OS 7.1 Bundle 1737

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Text Message Thread Problems after update

Hi ajberdinis,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Can you please verify that Encryption is disabled in Options>Security>Encryption on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone? If it is not, could you please disable it and test again? If this does not resolve the issue, please try to clear the SMS Messages database and test again with new messages only, without restoring any SMS messages from backup. This KB article provides further steps. How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/JtQKcw

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!