Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile DE

Text Messages not displayed in App, but in SMS Inbox folder

Hello All,

I do have a problem with text messaging (NOT email) on my Blackberry Bold 9780 which is connected to an enterprise account. I use T-Mobile as provider and my S/W Version of the device is 6.0 Bundle 2534 (v6.0.0.570, Platform 6.6.0.212. I do have 231904797 Bytes of free memory and there are no Apps installed on the device - just the ones that are delivered with Blackberry.

When receiving messages, I am opening up the "Text Messages" app on the BB. Unfortunately no text message is being displayed here. Only when I hit the BB button and use the context menu to switch to "View Folder" -> "SMS Inbox", all text messages appear. I can then open and read them.

As often recommended in these forums, I have tried and removed the battery after turning the device off to force the phone to reboot itself. This solves the issue for a week or two, but after a while the messages will disappear from the app again. The do not disappear from the phone, as I can still access them over the "SMS Inbox" folder.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Fabian.