Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Text icon has gone

I have no idea why but the text icon has gone from my BB Torch and I cannot find how to get it back. Can anybody help please?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Text icon has gone

Start by seeing if you accidentally hid it.  While on your homescreen, press the menu key and select Show All or Unhide All, whichever one is available.  If your icon is hidden, this will expose it.

If that doesn't uncover its whereabouts, you can reinstall it using BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Plug your phone in to your PC and open BDS.  Once your phone has been recognized, click Applications on the left.  (I'm not sure if this method will work, it's been a long time since I've used BDS.  If not, proceed to my next suggestion below.)  Once in Applications, look for your text messages entry.  If it has an 'X' beside it, click to change it to a check mark.  If you can't do that, you'll need to reload your OS.

To reload your OS, open BDS as instructed above but then click Device at the top of the software then click Restore.  Choose the most recent restore point and load it to your phone.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

Thank you - remarkably simple show all did it.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Woohoo! Make sure you keep that information handy for future reference.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.