Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Text message issues after updadte

Prior to the update, I experienced no issues. I now have the following issues:

During the update, an error occured and it told me to follow some steps about turning power on to USB ports, unplug, power cycle, ect. After doing this, I got the same error several times and decided to restart the installation. Second attempt at installation was a success, except since the first one failed, the backup was never written to disk, and all my apps were lost. Upon restoring my phone from daily backups, my apps were still gone, however everything else worked fine. It was then that I noticed that I had copies of all my text messages. When I tried deleting the duplicates, instead of being delted, they simply turn green (which would normally indicate that a message has been typed but not sent). These green messages cannot be deleted and are piling up like crazy.

Anyone else having this isse?

I was going to try reinstalling the update again but I just found out that blackberry desktop software crashes whenever it attempts to connect to my phone (usb) which it has never done before. I have now reinstalled blackberry desktop software V6 and am experiencing the same problem. Unable to connect to my phone so that I may make a backup before making another attempt at the software update.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Text message issues after updadte

I'm having the same problem!!!!

I wish someone could help!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

Same problem....

Other: After I remove battery to reset, text messages will show up three times. If I delete one it deletes all.....
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

Same problem....

Other: After I remove battery to reset, text messages will show up three times. If I delete one it deletes all..... I also get the three "green" emply messages after I try to delete the duplicate.

Is there a way to restore the messages deleted through the malfunction?