Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold
Accepted Solution

Text messages to display

I can't figure out how to have my text messages display on the screen upon receiving just like how I'm receiving an incoming call. Someone please advise.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Text messages to display

All of the incoming messages (email, sms, pin) just notify you with the message indicator at the top of the screen. You only have the option of turning that new message indicator off/on for messages.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Can I select the tone for SMS to be audible and have my phone's tone stet to vibrate?
Elite I

Yes. If you go into Profiles | Advanced, just click on the Active profile. From in this screen you can go into the SMS Text category and set it's holster settings to vibrate. Likewise you can set the Phone category to Tone
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

It's not working. I want my SMS tone to be audible and my phone (incoming calls) to be on vibrate.
Elite I

Then just reverse what I said. Once you set each category's holster settings to Vibrate/ Tone, etc you're all set