Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

The Blackberry Storm 2 is driving nuts!

A couple of days ago, I had a simple samsung telephone.  Nothing fancy.  But I decided to upgrade my simple phone for a Tour or the latest Verizon Storm 2.  I selected Storm 2 because the screen is big and i thought the touch type would not be a problem

Well it has been a problem.  My main problem is getting use to typing on the keyboard.  I'm on my Pc for hours so I type a lot on my keyboard.  But the Storm 2 keyboard - its been a disasterous for me.  I touch a letter, and the letter that is next to it comes up.

Secondly, I did a lot of texting with my simple sam sung.  For the storm2, I can't get a texting out.  When I think I got my text ready to go, I can't find the send button.  Okay, I did click on blackberry, but there is no "send."

Next when I want to make a call, click on that green send button.  Instead of a keyboard to type my numbers, I get the contact list.  The number I want to dial is not on the contact list.  So next I try to click the "phone icom" but that too gives me the contact list instead of a keyboard (the one with the large numbers) to type.

Its been very frustrating.  But I am determine to get myself educated and convert myself to the blackberry.

At times, I feel they sold me a blackberry "lemon" .

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: The Blackberry Storm 2 is driving nuts!

When you press the green send, and the contacts come up, you should see three tabs above the input line.  The far left will get you the keypad, the middle is the call log, and the right one is the contact list.  Mine reverts to whichever tab you used last time you made a call.  Just press the green phone button to get the phone up, then the left tab at the top of the screen, then close the phone mode.  The next time it should come up with the dialpad showing.

For the send key on messaging, press the BB button, then scroll up or down in the options till you see SEND, then press.

Errol