Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: The Camera....

My wife, brother, his son and I all bought the storm, And the camera Sucks on all of them.

I hope an update will fix this, before my 30 day trial.

Or else this family of fools are taking all the phones back.

I was with another carrier before and there cheapest phone took better pictures.

Regular Contributor

The camera is one of the things that I am deeply disappointed in. The Dare had a 3.2 camera that didn't take 5 seconds  and had great pictures so I know it's possible. I agree you would think they took pictures. It sounds like they didn't care as long as they got to put 3.2 in the specs. I hope that software can correct it and they actually take the time to correct it. Besides that I have no other problems with the phone.
New Contributor

The and camera and video player dont work worth crap on my Storm either.  Pictures look blurred and I agree with the shutter speed.  Also when i try and record video the video and device locks up after about 50-60 secs and I have to remove the battery to get the device started back up and when i try and play the video's it says they are corrupt or something in likes that the recorded media is not supported.  I updated the phones software via BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.7 and still no change in camera performace or a stop to the video record issues.  Im very disappointed.  Smiley Mad
Regular Contributor

I haven't had any issues with the video other then it is grainy. I have recorded a 30 minute meeting with no problem and played it back.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9530

[ Edited ]

ricshome wrote:
I haven't had any issues with the video other then it is grainy. I have recorded a 30 minute meeting with no problem and played it back.

I kinda thought that it was more blotchy...been a photographer for 39 years. The Touch Pro, on a lower setting, took a better shot than the Storm at a higher setting.

HTC Touch Pro at Fine, not Superfine

Storm at Top settings:

Message Edited by PC-ASSIST on 12-01-2008 11:51 AM

Rim please tell us theres a solution in the horizon.

Lie to me if you have too.

But say something  !!!!!!!!

My Device: Storm

I was so excited to finally have all these cool features on the Storm, and indeed, the picture capabilities are horrendous.  The delay is far too long and my flash always turns off before the picture is actually taken, leaving all of my pictures very dark and shadowy. Also, I can't get the shutter sound to shut off, even when my phone is in silent mode.  I hope it can be fixed or I may be sending mine back as well.
New Contributor

I have this too. Corrupt files from the video camera> and media not supported> lock up tight> crash and nothing..... until I remove the battery or wait 4 minutes for it to reboot with the little spinning square in the center of the screen. I'm  a BB noob and still on a pretty steep learn slope. Just retired my 3.5 year old treo 650. Maybe it's me but it seems funny that the camera inside the Storm is creating the video file that is causing the problem not some video I loaded into the memory. I checked the SD card and have 7.1 gigs free space. When I first opened the video camera application it asked if I wanted the files on the card or device, I chose card. I'm wondering if the video camera needs a folder and if I should create one for it. The lock down happens about the same time every time I do it. Could a buffer be filling up and stalling the camera? Yesterday I updated to 4.7.0.75. Outside of this issue I love the Storm so far. It's fun and pretty sexy looking too.
New Contributor

If you're returning this phone because the camera doesn't work like you want it, then go back to the pathetic uncool Windows Mobile phone. The camera feature in phones aren't meant to be primary functions. They're just FEATURES. Go back to your Windows Mobile Phone where the camera is the primary function and the phone and messaging are just add-ins. 

This is Blackberry's first attempt at touch screen phones and it is truly the best alternative to the iPhone so far.  RIM has a much better and quicker record than Apple in fixing things. Seriously, how many versions and years of Windows Mobile has their been? Yet they still can't get the phone and messaging working like Blackberry.  If you want multimedia and a pretty camera but don't care about phone and messaging component, then stick to your Windows Mobile.  Also, if you like to reboot the your device every 3 hours, then definitely return that Blackberry Storm right away!      Unlike Microsoft, RIM WILL get their products fixed.

New Contributor

LOL wut? They are features that should work correctly and not crash your phone. I have no other problems with the phone and love it but when one of the core features doesn't work it can be pretty frustrating.

This same issue has followed me around through both firmwares. It has nothing to do with recording to sd card either. Really wish I could figure this one out.