Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

The Desktop version of BB App World??

A couple of days ago I dowloaded the BB Appworld successfully into my BB Bold.

Today, I thought I would download the "desktop" version directly into my phone.  But all the intructions are geared toward loading the BB App store into my phone.

Is there a desktop version??   The setup instructions only seem to lead me to reinstalling the BB App World on my phone again.

I am so confused.  Please help!

Thanks.

Contributor

Re: The Desktop version of BB App World??

jusacruiser wrote:

Today, I thought I would download the "desktop" version directly into my phone.  But all the intructions are geared toward loading the BB App store into my phone.

Is there a desktop version??   The setup instructions only seem to lead me to reinstalling the BB App World on my phone again.

Thanks.

In my post above.....I meant to say.....I wanted to NOW download the desktop version directly into my desktop PC.  Sorry for the confusing way I phrased my question.  thanks.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers and TELUS

Hi jusacruiser -

BlackBerry App World™is currently only available for download to your BlackBerry smartphone. 

Thanks!

Alex Kinsella | Product Manager

Research In Motion

jusacruiser wrote:

jusacruiser wrote:

Thanks.

In my post above.....I meant to say.....I wanted to NOW download the desktop version directly into my desktop PC.  Sorry for the confusing way I phrased my question.  thanks.

Alex Kinsella @alexkinsella
Senior PR and Social Media Manager
Research In Motion

Thank Alex.  Is this a Desktop version of this application something that we can expect from RIM in the near/distant future?
Highlighted

Alex

Regardless of the way in which App World is downloaded, is there a way to have it store applications on the SD Card? This is critical as I have had to uninstall App World myself because of a lack of space on my 8310.

Thanks

Donovan

New Developer
My Device: iPhone 3G

There is no way of installing apps or saving app to the SD card. I read it somewhere on the BB site. So, to answer your question... Nope. You can't. Not right now.. Perhaps in a future version.
Oh. I can't SSH into Blackberry devices? CYA!!!!