Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: T-Mo 8120 Pearl

Re: The Scam

Of course not.

The point of this discussion is whether one can have a BB without being forced to pay for the BB plan... not if you can have the BB plan for free.

George from Bedford, TX
8120 on T-Mobile with BB Unlimited Email+Internet but
without the BlackBerry Enterprise service
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

lol....

The point was also, why would you use a blackberry if you are only using the functionality of that of any other normal phone out there.

Blackberry's are designed for you to use the DATA, therefore you should pay for it..

As I said, I got an old 3310 I'm happy to post to you, does everything your using the blackberry for..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor

bumblepie wrote:
why would you use a blackberry if you are only using the functionality of that of any other normal phone out there. Blackberry's are designed for you to use the DATA, therefore you should pay for it..

Because I like the phone's form factor and the ease of navigation compared to the Windows Mobile platform.

Just because BBs were designed for the BB server technology doesn't mean I have to... and, by the way, I have web access, but not the overpriced BB plan.

George from Bedford, TX
Forums Advisor III

Yes you have WAP access..

Not the unlimited FREE blackberry Data web access which is provisioned on the rim relay.

Thankyou, case closed Smiley Very Happy

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

bumblepie wrote:

Yes but whats the point of having a blackberry if your not going to use it for what it is intended... EMAILS... go buy a normal device then and stop being a try hard.

Your carrier requires you to PAY for it because RIM (the makers of blackberry) Charge the carrier for you to be on the DATA network.

I'm sure not how you even get away with posting on this forum if you have no idea how blackberrys actually work.

The more you speak the more ignorant you turn out to be! Can you even read? A data plan is not required! How much more clearly can that be stated? I don't get charged on At&T and neither does argie916 on T-moblie. The fact that you work for RIM makes it all the more amazing that you seem to be the least informed of anyone in this discussion about the requirement (or lack of) of a data plan to own a Blackberry. Please...continue spewing your BS. It is quite entertaining!

Forums Advisor III

av8ing wrote:

bumblepie wrote:

Yes but whats the point of having a blackberry if your not going to use it for what it is intended... EMAILS... go buy a normal device then and stop being a try hard.

Your carrier requires you to PAY for it because RIM (the makers of blackberry) Charge the carrier for you to be on the DATA network.

I'm sure not how you even get away with posting on this forum if you have no idea how blackberrys actually work.

The more you speak the more ignorant you turn out to be! Can you even read? A data plan is not required! How much more clearly can that be stated? I don't get charged on At&T and neither does argie916 on T-moblie. The fact that you work for RIM makes it all the more amazing that you seem to be the least informed of anyone in this discussion about the requirement (or lack of) of a data plan to own a Blackberry. Please...continue spewing your BS. It is quite entertaining!

We know a blackberry plan is not required to make phone calls and sms. That is not the issue of this post.

OR
~Gday from Down Under~
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

You are "required" to purchase  a data plan with a BB on Verizon's network.  $29.99 for personal email with unlimited browsing.  $44.99 for corporate email with unlimited browsing.  I have seen some BB out there with no data plan.  They are out there and you can get them from certain carriers.  I can understand owning a data device with no data package, hell, I've done it myself.  But for $29.99 a month for unlimited use....It's actually my favorite device that I've owned to date.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor
My Device: AT&T 8700 & 8100

Well, from the original post, I thought it was sort of silly not to check other carrier's offers, since the whole argument/debate between Argie916 and bumblepie in addition to a few other posts showed quite vibrantly that many other carriers offer to sell BlackBerries without the additional data plan. If you want a BlackBerry so bad why wouldn't you check other carriers?
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

you dont need that feature to use the blackberry. the sales rep just wants to get paid. although having a blackberry and not having the data package is kinda pointless. u might as well use a regular flip phone.
Contributor

benjaminx wrote:
having a blackberry and not having the data package is kinda pointless. u might as well use a regular flip phone.

I don't want to beat this horse to death... but it's possible some people are attracted to the form factor and the ease of navigation.  That's my case.  For three years I used a Windows Mobile phone that technically is more powerful (forgetting the Blackberry server thing), and yet I can handle my 8120 with one hand and get to where I'm going much faster...

... and I can't stand flip phones.

George from Bedford, TX