Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The Storm is over for me.

First off: No cell phone is perfect.

However, Rim had least 2 years to make a wonderful product without haveing huge issues.  

My first BB Storm crashed few days after I got it.  Then Best Buy gave me another BB Storm.  The 2nd Storm was fine, till it showed white screen freezes.

I returned the 2nd Storm to Best Buy tonight and they were very nice about the whole thing  I decide on a BB Curve instead. Smiley Happy

Don't get me wrong.  The future is biright for BB Storm.

Contributor

Re: The Storm is over for me.

seems like people buying the storm from stores are having hardware problems, I ordered mine online and there is nothing wrong with it at all, same goes for my wifes storm.
New Contributor

I bought mine over the phone and it crashed 4 times today.
New Contributor

I ordered form Verizon store took two weeks to get, screen broken when in finally arrived.  Verizon sent replacement device in two day seems to be working right now.
Contributor

I'm sure not everyone, will have problems with there Storm.   My issues might of been just bad luck. 
New Contributor

I ordered mine online to drop ship. So far I haven't had many huge issues. The only issue I have noticed has been lag issues or freezing up. It rarely happens now. That's either due to the upgrade or that I took off software not specifically designed for the Storm.

Hopefully RIM and VZW will make improvements fairly quickly to improve reliability. This is the problem with early adopters. The BB Curve was my second choice. I was at my 2 year mark and ready for a new phone. I guess I was also ready for the potential headaches of a first gen phone. Maybe that's how they came up with the name "Storm"... potential for a storm of bugs.

So far I'm happy and the problems have been limited.