Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: SOLUTION!!!!

Can't wait to give this solution a try!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: SOLUTION!!!!

Man this plagued me for a while. I finally found another post where the https authentication was failing for someone else in an entirely different piece of software. Long story short, I went to:

1. Control Panel

2. Internet Options

3. Advanced

4. Security

5. Uncheck "Check for server certificate revocation*"

6. Configure sync

This worked for me Smiley Very Happy

Preston

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: The computer must be connected to the Internet in order to initially

I had the same issue after upgrading to Windows 7 and installing BB Desktop V6. In my case it turned out that it had to do with my Internet Explorer settings, even though I exclusively use Firefox and never IE. To fix the problem I had to properly configure my IE connection settings which for some reason were set up such that it was trying to access the internet via a non-existent dialup connection. Go figure.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Alltel

Re: The computer must be connected to the Internet in order to initially

I have switched to Android long ago but still get updates for this thread. In the meantime I have installed a hundred apps on my phone and probably thirty programs on my computers and fifty or more programs on computers I work on. They all work. I can't believe this thread still exists. Maybe Blackberry will get on their typewriter and send y'all a solution.