Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 8520 curve

The rubber buttons started to fade off. (Blackberry 8520 Curve).

Dear Sir,

Myself Dr. Manish Kaushik from Jaipur.

I own a two Blackberry 8520.  Almost 1.25 year i bought it. Both mobile has crossed 1year warranty. In Both set the rubber buttons started to fade off... The volume, Voice dialing button is faded off completely with the Cam button on the sides.

When I called Redington India Ltd Jaipur & Delhi they told the rubber panel has to be replaced completely and they need to send the phone to Banglore ( Min 10 days of time) and it would cost WOOPING 2500Rs just to replace the rubber coat on the phone!  What I would like to know is

1. Why 10 days of service time?

2. If I sell my phone I wouldn't even get 2500Rs now and the repair costs WOOPING 2500rs just to replace the rubber panel on the phone. Is it the right cost given to me?

3. Can the service be done within few hours or 1 or 2 days?( Since its just replacing the rubber panel)

4. Why is the quality of Blackberry 8520 not up to BlackBerry standards? The buttons just fade off what ever is done! Sir. Spending 2500rs for one mobie is very expensive just for the rubber panel.

5. The total cost for both mobile is around Rs 5,000. It is very expensive because in both sets body (front & Back) is OK but rubber panel was fade off.

6. Having such a reputed company the quality of buttons is so poor. Is this a manufacturing Defect? If so the please rectify my problem.

Please help me... I hope many other customers are facing the same issue or would face within 1year of time.. Waiting for your help and answers..

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Manish Kaushik

Head, Department of Physics,

Shankara Group of Institution,

Jaipur

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: airtel

Re: The rubber buttons started to fade off. (Blackberry 8520 Curve).

Hi,

Did you get any response for it.... i bought blackberry 9300 in august 2011. Now the rubber buttons, on/off, volume, voicedialling have torn out.... Not sure how to change them... And whats needs to be done... can you please help me here..

Karthik