Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

The scroll on my device moves, but the screen doesn't follow!

Hello,

I have the Blackberry bold 9900, and just recently the scroll on my phone stopped working. The scroll still moves, the screen however doesn't follow the selected icon, making navigating my phone a pain.

Does anybody have an idea of how I could fix it? 

thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: The scroll on my device moves, but the screen doesn't follow!

Have you tried removing the battery to reboot the device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yeah I have tried multiply times, removing the battery to reboot the phone, but nothing changes.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Can you elaborate a bit on just exactly what is happening? Are you referring to using the trackpad or the touch screen? Also, did this begin after installing any applications?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

The scroll pad works, but the touch screen is delayed in the scrolling, no specific apps were downloaded at the time it stopped working. So basically the scroll pad works but the touch screen lags or doesn't respond to the scroll. The touch screen occasionally work's for the scrolling, however the app selected must be out of the screen you are currently on for the screen to move. The scroll pad always works ,just the screen wont follow, and with the lagging of the touch screen this becomes a pain. Hope that helps you understand a little more.

Guru II

Make a full backup of your device using Desktop Software.

Then do a full wipe of your device, including 3rd party applications and see if the behavior continues.  Instructions below:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058